The road you must take is not an easy one, but the Treasure is worth it!
God is the one who saves me. I trust him. I am not afraid. Isaiah 12:2

The Rein Family

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It takes a village

It has been miraculous to watch God bring so many people together for His glory. This weekend we had an adoption fundraiser garage sale to help raise money for our plane tickets to Ethiopia (we will travel twice). Several of our friends and family donated items for us to sell (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you). We were able to raise $1600...can you believe it??? I don't know why I am surprised when God moves in a big way. The kids also had a lemonade stand and our sweet 10 year old neighbor Jasmine baked cupcakes and helped us all weekend. My sweet friend Mindy volunteered her entire Friday to help me with the sale. Our babysitter volunteered to watch Tate on Friday and my best friend Heidi took Tate to her house on Saturday (hard to focus with a 20 month old trying to run into the street). It was awesome to be able to share our story with so many people that I would have never had the opportunity to meet. Complete strangers were praying with us and so excited for us! It was great to show people pictures of BB and talk about her for 2 days...it really makes me want to hold her and love on her more than ever!!!
We are still waiting to hear from our agency about our scheduled court date. If we don't hear anything this week then it will be the first of October before we will know (the courts close for 6 weeks due to the rainy season). We know all of this is in God's perfect timing but selfishly I want to know soon!!!
 My mom made us shirts to wear for the sale (The shape of Africa with a heart on Ethiopia).
    Our mail woman was our first customer on Saturday...the kids were so excited!! Lyla Grace walked around showing people the pictures of baby BB and telling them "This is my baby sister in Africa". She was so proud!!
Forgot to take pictures of Friday so this is Saturday morning and we sold most of the stuff already (people were so generous with their donations).

No comments: